Succinct Summations for the week ending April 15th 2016
- Initial jobless claims came in at 253k, down from 267k previously.
- S. and global stocks finished the week higher.
- CPI rose 0.1% m/o/m and 0.9% y/o/y. Core inflation rose 0.1% m/o/m.
- Bloomberg consumer comfort index came in at 43.6, better than the 42.6 expected.
- Mortgage application composite index rose 10% w/o/w. Purchase applications rose 24% y/o/y.
- Retail sales fell 0.3%, below the 0.1% expected gain.
- Industrial production fell 0.6% m/o/m, manufacturing fell 0.3%.
- Auto sales fell 2.1%, the biggest fall since February 2015.
- Small business optimism fell to 92.6, down from 92.9 previously and below the 93.6 expected.
- Import prices ex-energy fell 0.2% m/o/m.
- Consumer sentiment fell to 89.7, down from 91 previously.